Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 1

We arrived to Ulan Bator a little bit after midnight. We were exhausted but none the less it was still time for a celebration. A group of the PCV's that are currently in Mongolia from groups M22 and M23 greeted us at the airport with cheers and happiness. I was a bit flustered when they were clapping for us. I felt the love and support instantly before I even exited the airport. When we were driving we were led down a dirt road path. It has been a very long time since I've been driven on an unpaved road. There were no lights, no building, just deep dark silence. When we arrived to our ger camp we had to lug our 2 HEAVY suitcases up a path. I was extremely exhausted. One of my fellow M24's helped me bring my bag into my ger.

Overall today went by really fast. We had a few workshops. The safety workshop I'd say must have been the most interesting. Apparently some Mongolians, usually men, have a habit of walking up to people and punching them in the face. It was very amusing. It does not happen often but there are some precautions to staying out of danger. I am not too worried about being endangered. I am just happy to be here and I cannot wait to start training. We went hiking which was amazing and we we saw the sun set as we walked down the mountain. The only thing that I did not like so far was the food but it will take some time and adjustments!

No comments:

Post a Comment