Friday, August 23, 2013

First Impressions


I am finally at my site and I must say that there is beauty in this small aimag center. I like the size and the available resources. I am also living in a Mongolian ger, which is a traditional living arrangement that is sacred to the nomadic culture. I was terrified about living in a ger prior to moving and I must say that I like it so far. My favorite part is creating my own fires. It’s a strange feeling to acknowledge that my life will be literally in my own hands during this winter as I try to stay warm.

I have been hanging out a lot with one of my counterparts. She is awesome! She basically took me under her wing and she has showed me this beautiful aimag center, Mandalgovi. I am looking forward to working with her for the next two years. My other counterparts and hosha mother that I have met are very pleasant people as well. I will have more detailed updates when I am able to get my Internet up and running.

Bayartai!
My Ger

Morin Khuur - Mongolian musical instrument

My awesome CP - Bumaa

Me (It was really windy in this pic, hense the hair lol)



A nice view of some of my aimag center from the Black Hill (Khar Ovoo)

1 comment:

  1. Keep on writing sweetie. It a journey through your eyes.

    Love you,

    ReplyDelete