Monday, August 5, 2013

Family Appreciation Weekend


Last weekend was dedicated to appreciating our host families. It was one of my most memorable events during training. I deemed that weekend necessary because no matter what situation we went through with our families this summer, they deserved to receive some sort of praise for allowing us to live in their homes. Here is a list of what my training site group did for Host Family Appreciation Day ( Saturday, August 3rd, 2013):

1) Met at the high school is our soum to depart to the mother tree (eej mod).
2) Arrived at the mother tree site and said prayers while giving offerings (such as rice, milk, vodka, money, etc.).
3) Had a picnic where our host families prepared appetizers (such as pototo salad, fruits, bread and jam, vegetable and meat entrees of all sorts), played several Mongolian and American games, gave our families their certificates of appreciation, and engaged in various activities that I cannot recall.

Overall this has been a very good week. I also realize that I am a week away from final center days, where I will find out my site placement and participate in the final activities of my pre service training for Peace Corps Mongolia. I am excited and nervous at the same time but I am ready to see what mysteries will unfold themselves these next two weeks!


The Mother Tree (Eej Mod)


My Host Sister and Host Mom


My site mates and I presenting the cakes to our Host Families.


No comments:

Post a Comment